Friday, November 12, 2004

Please Mr. Lucas, don't make me hate you.

I have seen the trailer for Star Wars Episode III a number of times now, and all I can hope is that the film is half as good as the trailer. As a child, I grew up with Star Wars. They were pure movie magic and if I had to pinpoint the moment in my life when I thought I wanted to make movies, it was watching Star Wars. The latest two installments have been, to say the least, very disappointing.

It seems that George Lucas has become so focused on special effects that he has lost any interest in making good movies. For me, this is the most crucial installment of the new films. This is where we see the birth of Darth Vader (the greatest sci-fi villain of all time) and the change of the whole feel of the universe. I am expecting to be disappointed with the film, but somewhere deep inside me would love to be happy with the film. Basically, I hope George Lucas doesn't make me regret ever having seen a Star Wars film, which is exactly what is going to happen if this film is as large of a disappointment as the last two have been.

1 Comments:

At 7:22 AM, Blogger girlzoot said...

See I have yet to see these trailers that everyone is so thrilled with, but I do have a couple complaints about Mr. Lucas.

Yes, of course this third film will be the most important, but I truly believe that it has taken too long to get to this dark turning. I think the second film was a prime opportunity to get all dark and Vadery on us to begin with, and he punked out to maintain the money making PG-13 rating.

Yes, I agree this third film is the most important, but I am damned upset that the production team seems to feel the same way and have been weak with the previous films.

I just feel when you have a built in audience of millions, you shouldn't piss on them to get another set of millions to come to your movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home