Thursday, November 18, 2004

After the Sunset (2004)

Dir: Brett Ratner
Release: Wide Release 11/12/04
Trailer
IMDB

So I am a total sucker for heist films and "After the Sunset" definitely fills the need. In this film directed by action director Brett Ratner, we encounter FBI Agent Stan Lloyd (Woody Harrleson) who has tracked his arc h-nemesis Max Burdett (Peirce Brosnan) to a beautiful island where he is living with his beautiful woman and partner in crime Lola Cirrillo (Salma Hayek). Agent Lloyd is certain that Max is on the island to complete his set and streak by stealing the third Napoleon Diamond off of a cruise ship that is only in port for 7 days. Well, I don't really have to tell you the rest of the story because we have seen it 100 times. Needless to say, in the end the good guys get what they need and the bad guys, well there really aren't any so it doesn't really matter.

I must admit there wasn't really anything outstanding about this movie but it served its purpose. I love heist films because they usually take me to exotic places and make me forget about my boring life. They distract me with beautiful people pulling of crimes with ingenious plans and get away with it all. I love a film where I can root for the bad guy, a.k.a. "The Thief," and not feel bad for it. This is why I will probably see just about every heist film made for the rest of my life. I just freaking like them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home